Thursday 12 August 2010

The First Spares Arrive

The first batch of spare parts arrived today. The most important being a couple of 50mm M14x1.5 bolts (one of which is pictured below with an original wheel bolt) to attach the hub puller to the rear drums. This should allow me to free off and then repair the rear brakes - the first step to getting the car rolling again.

In addition to these lovely shiny bolts I also received a couple of rocker covers, gaskets and clips.

I decided these were needed when I saw the state of the originals - I suspect they may just crumble when I attempt to remove them. And remove them I must as checking and oiling the valve gear seems like a good idea after 26 years of idleness (the valve gear, not me). I'll not get round to this particular job until after I've managed to remove the spark plugs and injected some oil into the cylinders, but they do say that, "fortune favours the prepared".

No comments:

Post a Comment